There has been a growing trends of couples choosing to have elopements and an intimate wedding instead of the traditional big wedding. I love working with couples in smaller more intimate weddings because they are short and sweet and they are truly about the celebration of love.
There are a few reasons that couples are choosing to take this route.
- Cost is a big one, you can elope or have an intimate wedding (under 25 guests) for a fraction of the cost.
- There is a lot less stress when there is less people involved.
- It’s just about the two of you. I feel this is the most important reason to skip the big wedding. You can focus on your vows, what getting married means to the two of you and skip all of the other drama of the big day.
Here are 5 great tips if you’re thinking about having a more intimate wedding.
- Be very selective about your guest list, and don’t be afraid to cut people from the list. An intimate wedding is all about having your close loved ones there. Those few people you called immediately to tell them that you were engaged.
- When picking a venue, pick a spot where you can do everything in one spot, like a private estate. Maple Bay Manor is a beautiful estate in Duncan where you can have your ceremony on the lawn, and then you can have a private dinner in the formal dining room or on the terrace. They have a beautiful kitchen where your caterers can prepare an amazing dinner for your family and a few rooms where you can stay the night.
- Hire a planner / day of coordinator. Just because the wedding is smaller doesn’t mean there will be less to do. Having someone there to take care of all of the little details, will allow you to relax on the day, and celebrate with your loved ones.
If you’re planning an elopement or intimate wedding in Vancouver here are a few tips.
- Don’t forget you need 2 witnesses to sign your marriage license. If you’re hiring a photographer and a planner they can be the ones to sign your registry/license.
- Hire the right vendors. Your wedding may be short and sweet but there are a few vendors that you’ll still need to hire to help with your special day.
- An officiant or Celebrant
- A florist to create a stunning bouquet
- A photographer to capture the special moment. Some couples will also hire a videographer so they can share their wedding video with their family and friends.
- An elopement coordinator. They will setup your ceremony spot, bring the champagne, and signing table if needed, coordinate the music.
- Consider something out of this world!. Take a helicopter to a mountain top, or charter yacht and get married on the water.
If you’re looking for your own elopement or intimate wedding, contact me today to set up an appointment!